Omega Bio-tek’s Mag-Bind® SeqDTR is designed for efficient and reliable removal of unincorporated dye terminators from sequencing reactions. The system combines Omega Bio-tek’s proprietary chemistry with the reversible nucleic acid-binding properties of paramagnetic beads to eliminate excess nucleotides, primers, salts, and unincorporated dye terminators. This kit is designed for both manual and fully automated purification of sequencing products, and the protocol has been successfully automated on liquid handlers such as Beckman Coulter’s Biomek® FX/NX, and the Hamilton Microlab® STAR/STARlet. With the high recovery rate from the Mag-Bind® SeqDTR Kit, typically only 1/16 or 1/32 of the ABI Big Dye reagents are needed for sufficient signal strength when compared to sephadex-based clean ups.
- No protocol change against major competitor
- Read lengths averaging over 800 bps (Min Phred 20)
- Manual or adjustable to automated liquid handlers
- Significant cost savings compared to sephadex-based clean ups
- 96- or 384-well formats
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Downstream application||Sanger Sequencing, Cloning, In Vitro Transcription, Nucleic Acid Labeling, PCR, Real-Time Quantitative PCR (qPCR), Sequencing, Southern Blotting|
|Elution volume||40 µL or above|
|Starting material||ABI Big Dye Chemistry Cycle Sequencing Reactions|
|Starting amount||5 - 20 µL|
|DNA recovery||Sequencing reads start at 40 nt|
|Processing mode||Automated; Manual|
|Throughput||96-384 samples per run|
|DNA binding technology||Magnetic beads|
|Storage||2°C - 8°C|
Protocol and Resources
Product Documentation & Literature
DNA samples treated with Mag-Bind® SeqDTR had superior signal strength and continuous read length than using leading competitors
Figure 1. Purified 1.8 kb PCR fragments were sequenced from each company using the manufacturer’s recommended protocols. The median of 16 samples per company are used in the representations above. A 5 µL sequencing reaction was performed using a 1/32 dilution of Applied Biosystems BigDye Terminator v3.1 chemistry. DNA was analyzed on an Applied Biosystems 3730XL.
Cost Comparison When Using Mag-Bind SeqDTR for Sequencing Clean-up
Table 1. Less BigDye is needed when using Mag-Bind SeqDTR for sample prep and clean up. Therefore reduce cost in BigDye usage. Mag-Bind SeqDTR cost per prep is significantly lower than the competitor.
- Rosalba Salcedo, Andrea Worschech, Marco Cardone, Yava Jones, Zsofia Gyulai, Ren-Ming Dai, Ena Wang, Winnie Ma, Diana Haines, Col O’hUigin, Francesco M. Marincola, Giorgio Trinchieri MyD88-mediated signaling prevents development of adenocarcinomas of the colon: role of interleukin 18
- Adam Carter Identification of quantitative trait loci (QTL) and genes associated with seed isoflavone concentration in soybean (Glycine max [L] Merril.)