The Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit is designed for isolation of high-quality genomic DNA from blood samples, saliva, swabs, mouse tails, dried blood spots or cultured cells. Mag-Bind® Particles HDQ provides quick magnetic response time reducing overall processing time. This system combines the reversible nucleic acid-binding properties of Mag-Bind® paramagnetic particles with Omega Bio-tek’s tissue and blood DNA isolation systems. Utilizing paramagnetic particles provides high-quality DNA that is suitable for direct use in most downstream applications such as Next Generation Sequencing, qPCR, PCR, and microarrays. The Mag-Bind Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit can be scaled up to process 1 mL whole blood samples.
- Safe – No organic solvents
- Compatible with DNA Genotek’s preservation system
- Compatible with Mawi iSWAB DNA preservation system
- High quality – Pure DNA suitable for downstream applications such as Next Generation Sequencing, qPCR, PCR, and microarrays
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Starting Amount||100-250 μL blood samples, saliva, swabs, mouse tails, dried blood spots or 5 x 106 cultured cells.|
|Elution Volume||50-200 µL|
|Processing Mode||Automated, Manual|
|Throughput||8 - 384|
|Note||Downstream applications: NGS, qPCR, microarray|
Protocol and Resources
Product Documentation & Literature
DNA yield from 200 μL whole blood extracted using the Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit on the ABI MagMAX 96 instrument.
Figure 1. DNA yield from 200 µL whole blood extracted using the Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit on the ABI MagMAX 96 instrument. DNA yield was determined by PicoGreen® quantification.
DNA yield from buccal swab samples using the Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit is higher than a leading competitor.
Figure 2. Genomic DNA was extracted from buccal swab samples using Omega Bio-tek’s Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit and Company A’s genomic DNA extraction kit. 10% of DNA extracted from each sample was analyzed on a 0.8% agarose gel.
Purified genomic DNA using Omega Bio-tek’s Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit is of high quality and free of inhibitors.
Figure 3. Genomic DNA was extracted from 1,500 µL whole blood using Omega Bio-tek’s Mag-Bind® Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit. The elution volume was 500 µL. DNA was analyzed on Thermo Scientific’s NanoDrop® 2000c. 50 ng of DNA was diluted 10- and 100-fold and used as a template in a 20 µL SYBR® qPCR reaction. The Ct values increased by only 3 cycles per 10-fold dilution, which demonstrates that the template DNA in free of inhibitors.
DNA purified using Mag-Bind Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ 96 Kit was around 60 kb
Figure 4. The sizes of genomic DNA purified using Mag-Bind Blood & Tissue DNA HDQ Kit were determined by electrophoresis. Sample 1 and 2 were gDNA from human blood. L is 50 kb genomic ladder for Agilent TapeStation 2200. The size of gDNA is around 60 kb.
- V. Kilaru, S. V. Iyer, L. M. Almi, J. S. Stevens, A. Lori, T. Jovanovic, T. D. Ely, B. Bradley, E. B. Binder, N. Koen, D. J. Stein, K. N. Conneely, A. P. Wingo, A. K. Smith, K. J. Ressler. Genome-wide gene-based analysis suggests an association between Neuroligin 1 (NLGN1) and post-traumatic stress disorder
- Xi Wang, Kai Wang, Wei Zhang, Ming Qiang, Ying Luo. A bilaminated decellularized scaffold for islet transportation: structure, properties and functions in diabetic mice
- Pavel Dimens. Population structure of a migratory small coastal shark, the blacknose shark Carcharhinus acronotus, across cryptic barriers to gene flow
- Molly Norton Darr. Biological studies and evaluation of Scymnus coniferarum crotch, a predator of hemlock woolly adelgid from western North America