The E.Z.N.A.® Soil DNA Kit is formulated to isolate high purity cellular DNA from soil samples typically containing humic acid and other inhibitors of PCR. This kit uses a novel and proprietary method to isolate genomic DNA from a variety of environmental samples without organic extractions.
This kit has been successfully used to isolate DNA from Gram-positive and -negative bacteria, fungi, yeast, and algae that inhabit a range of samples including clay, sandy, peaty, chalky, or loamy soil samples. Isolated DNA can be used for most downstream applications, including PCR, Southern blot, and NGS analysis.
- Reliable – Reproducible DNA purification from a variety of sample sources
- High quality – Ready-to-use DNA eliminating PCR inhibitors using proprietary inhibitor removal technology
- Yield – Efficient purification of DNA from even specialized samples
- Ease of use – Contains glass beads pre-filled in 2 mL vials
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Starting Amount||Up to 1 g|
|Yield||Dependent upon sample|
|Elution Volume||50-100 μL|
|Technology||HiBind® DNA Mini Column|
|HiBind® DNA Mini Columns||View Product|
|2 mL Collection Tubes||View Product|
|Disruptor Tubes||View Product|
|SLX-Mlus Buffer||View Product|
|DS Buffer||Call for Pricing|
|P2 Buffer||View Product|
|cHTR Reagent||View Product|
|HBC Buffer||View Product|
|DNA Wash Buffer||View Product|
|Elution Buffer||View Product|
Protocol and Resources
Product Documentation & Literature
DNA purified from soil samples using E.Z.N.A.® Soil DNA Kit has higher and more consistent yield than using a leading competing product.
Figure 1. Comparison of DNA extraction method from soil samples. DNA yield determined with fluorescence-based dye quantification. 50 µL ZymoBIOMICS™ Microbial Community Standard was added to 200 mg soil samples and DNA was extracted using manufacturer’s recommended protocols. DNA was eluted in 100 µL for both manufacturers.
DNA purified from soil samples using E.Z.N.A.® Soil DNA Kit has better PCR performance than using a leading competing product.
Figure 2. Comparison of Ct values. 20 µL SYBR Green qPCR reaction. 50 µL ZymoBIOMICS™ Microbial Community Standard was added to 200 mg soil samples and DNA was extracted using manufacturer’s recommended protocols. DNA was eluted in 100 µL for both manufacturers.
E.Z.N.A.® Soil DNA Kit performs especially better for gram-positive bacteria than a leading competing product.
Figure 3. DNA yield by bacterial classes. DNA yield determined with fluorescence-based dye quantification. 0.5 mL cultured Gram-positive and Gram-negative bacteria were added to corresponding 200 mg soil samples and DNA was extracted using manufacturer’s recommended protocols. DNA was eluted in 100 µL for both manufacturers.
- Yanying Zhang, Junde Dong, Zhihao Yang, Si Zhang, Youshao Wang Phylogenetic diversity of nitrogen-fixing bacteria in mangrove sediments assessed by PCR-denaturing gradient gel electrophoresis
- Giovanni Colica, Hua Li, Federico Rossi, Dunhai Li, Yongding Liu, Roberto de Philippis Microbial secreted exopolysaccharides affect the hydrological behavior of induced biological soil crusts in desert sandy soils
- Wenping Hu, Jie Zhao, Jianwu Wang, Tian Yu, Jing Wang, Ning Li Transgenic milk containing recombinant human lactoferrin modulates the intestinal flora in piglets
- S.M. Dineen, R. Aranda IV, D.L. Anders, J.M. Robertson An evaluation of commercial DNA extraction kits for the isolation of bacterial spore DNA from soil
- Chenguang Zhu, Junya Zhang, Yuanping Tang, Zhengkai Xu, Rentao Song Diversity of methanogenic archaea in a biogas reactor fed with swine feces as the monosubstrate by mcrA analysis
- Pan Li, Hebin Liang, Wei-Tie Lin, Feng Feng, Lixin Luo Microbiota dynamics associated with environmental conditions and potential roles of cellulolytic communities in traditional Chinese cereal starter solid-state fermentation