The E.Z.N.A.® Plasmid Maxi Kit utilizes the convenient spin-column format to deliver high-quality plasmid DNA following a simple “bind-wash-elute” procedure without need for expensive accessories. The yields vary according to plasmid copy number, E. coli strain, and growth conditions. 50-200 mL of bacterial cultures in LB medium typically produces 0.6-1.2 mg of high copy number plasmid DNA. Up to 500 mL of culture may be processed when working with low copy number plasmid. The system uses centrifugation or vacuum technology for plasmid purification and eliminates the time-consuming gravity-flow columns that require alcohol precipitation. Purified plasmid DNA is suitable for automated fluorescent DNA sequencing (typical reads exceed 800 bp), restriction enzyme digestion, ligation, PCR, in vitro transcription, transformation, and other applications.
- Speed – Purification of plasmid DNA in < 60 minutes
- Safety – No phenol/chloroform extractions
- Versatile – Spin and vacuum formats available
- High quality – DNA is suitable for a variety of downstream applications
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Downstream Application||Cloning, sequencing, transformation, PCR, restriction digestion, ligation, in vitro transcription etc.|
|Starting material||50-200 mL LB culture with OD600 between 2 and 3; or equivalent|
|Plasmid type||High-copy, low-copy, cosmid DNA|
|Processing mode||Manual (centrifugation or vacuum)|
|Throughput||1 - 24|
|DNA binding technology||Silica Maxi Spin Column|
|Lysate clearance method||Centrifugation|
|Processing time||<60 minutes|
|Yield||600-1200 µg for high copy-number; 50-300 µg for low copy-number|
Protocol and Resources
Product Documentation & Literature
Yield and quality of plasmid DNA purified using E.Z.N.A.® Plasmid Midi and Maxi Kits
Figure 1. pGEM plasmid was purified from 250 mL DH5α cultures harboring the plasmid using Omega Bio-tek’s E.Z.N.A.® Plasmid Maxi Kit following manufacturer’s recommended protocols. Plasmid DNA was quantified using Thermo Scientific’s NanoDrop™ 2000c system.
- Yves Verhaegen, Koen Parmentier, Luc Swevers, Ellen Renders, Pierre Rougé, Wim De Coen, Kris Cooreman, Guy Smagghe The heterodimeric ecdysteroid receptor complex in the brown shrimp Crangon crangon: EcR and RXR isoform characteristics and sensitivity toward the marine pollutant tributyltin