E.Z.N.A.® Fungal DNA Mini Kit allows for the rapid and reliable isolation of high-quality total cellular DNA from a wide variety of fungal species and tissues. Up to 200 mg of wet tissue (or up to 50 mg dry tissue) can be processed in less than 1 hour. The system combines the reversible nucleic acid-binding properties of Omega’s HiBind® matrix with the speed and versatility of spin columns to eliminate polysaccharides, phenolic compounds, and enzyme inhibitors from fungal tissue lysates. Purified DNA is suitable for PCR, restriction digestion, and hybridization applications. There are no organic extractions, thus reducing plastic waste and hands-on time to allow multiple samples to be processed in parallel.
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Starting Amount||200 mg of wet tissue (or up to 50 mg dry tissue|
|Starting Material||Wide variety of fungal species and tissues|
|Elution Volume||50-100 μL|
|Technology||HiBind® DNA Mini Column|
Protocol and Resources
Product Documentation & Literature
Total cellular DNA was successfully purified from various fungal samples using E.Z.N.A.® Fungal DNA Kit.
Figure 1. Total cellular DNA purified using the E.Z.N.A.® Fungal DNA Kit. Purified DNA from various fungal samples was isolated with the E.Z.N.A.® Fungal DNA Kit. DNA was extracted from 100 mg samples from each of the following fungi: lane 1 from Ganoderma lucidum, lane 2 from Cordyceps sinensis, lane 3 from Agaricus campestris, and lane 4 from Russula foetens. Total cellular DNA (10% of total purified DNA) was analyzed on a 0.8% agarose gel to demonstrate yield and quality of the DNA. M: Lambda Hind III DNA Marker.
- Development of a quantitative real-time PCR assay for the detection of Aspergillus carbonarius in grapes
G. Mulè, A. Susca, A Logrieco, G. Stea, A. Visconti
- Detection of Tuber melanosporum DNA in soil
Laura M. Suz, María P. Martín, Carlos Colinas
- Molecular diversity of bamboo-associated fungi isolated from Japan
Doungporn Morakotkarn, Hiroko Kawasaki, Tatsuji Seki
- Ochratoxin A production and amplified fragment length polymorphism analysis of Aspergillus carbonarius, Aspergillus tubingensis, and Aspergillus niger strains isolated from grapes in Italy
Giancarlo Perrone, Giuseppina Mulè, Antonia Susca, Paola Battilani, Amedeo Pietri, Antonio Logrieco
- Cloning of exoinulinase gene from Penicillium janthinellum strain B01 and its high-level expression in Pichia pastoris
L. Wang, Y. Huang, X. Long, X. Meng, Z. Liu