The E.Z.N.A.® Cycle-Pure Kit is designed for the rapid purification of single or double-stranded DNA from PCR and other enzymatic reactions. The system follows a “bind-wash-elute” procedure and completely removes primers, nucleotides enzymes, salts, and other impurities from a DNA sample. This convenient spin-column format eliminates the need for expensive resins or toxic organic compounds such as phenol and chloroform, thereby making it possible to process multiple samples in parallel. Purified DNA can be used in T-A ligations, sequencing, restriction enzyme digestion, and various other labeling reactions.
- Rapid – Purification of PCR products in less than 10 minutes
- Safe – No Phenol/chloroform extractions
- Versatile – Spin and vacuum formats available
- High-quality – DNA is suitable for a variety of downstream applications
For Research Use Only. Not for use in diagnostic procedures.
|Downstream application||T-A ligations, sequencing, restriction enzyme digestion, and various other labeling reactions|
|Elution volume||30-50 µL|
|Starting material||ssDNA, dsDNA, PCR products|
|Starting amount||5-50 µL|
|DNA recovered||>90% recovery, 100 bp to 10 kb|
|Processing mode||Manual (centrifugation or vacuum)|
|DNA binding technology||Silica mini spin column|
|Processing time||<10 minutes|
|Special Notes||For clean-up of DNA fragments < 200bp, please follow the protocol modification outlined in the product manual|
Protocol and Resources
Product Documentation & Literature
Performance of E.Z.N.A.® Cycle Pure Kit on 500 bp and 5 kp DNA fragments
Figure 1. 500 bp and 5 kb DNA fragments were cleaned up with products from Company T, Company A, Company P, Company Q and Omega Bio-tek following manufaturer’s recommended protocols. DNA was analyzed on a 0.8% agarose gel.
Sanger Sequencing of PCR Products
Figure 2. 500 bp amplicon was purified with the E.Z.N.A. Cycle Pure Kit was used in a 5 µL Sanger sequencing reaction. DNA was analyzed on an Applied Biosystem 3730XL.
- Fahlgren, C., Hagström, Å., Nilsson, D., & Zweifel, U. L. (2010). Annual variations in the diversity, viability, and origin of airborne bacteria. Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 76(9), 3015-3025.
- Zhang, B. W., Li, M., Ma, L. C., & Wei, F. W. (2006). A widely applicable protocol for DNA isolation from fecal samples. Biochemical genetics, 44(11-12), 494.
- Xu, X. J., Wang, G. Z., Wang, K. J., & Li, S. J. (2009). Isolation and characterization of ten new polymorphic microsatellite loci in the mud crab, Scylla paramamosain. Conservation genetics, 10(6), 1877.
- Ma, L., Zhang, X. X., Cheng, S., Zhang, Z., Shi, P., Liu, B., … & Zhang, Y. (2011). Occurrence, abundance and elimination of class 1 integrons in one municipal sewage treatment plant. Ecotoxicology, 20(5), 968.
- Yang, W. Y., Wen, S. Y., Huang, Y. D., Ye, M. Q., Deng, X. J., Han, D., … & Cao, Y. (2006). Functional divergence of six isoforms of antifungal peptide Drosomycin in Drosophila melanogaster. Gene, 379, 26-32.
- Ma, L., Zhang, X. X., Zhao, F., Wu, B., Cheng, S., & Yang, L. (2013). Sewage treatment plant serves as a hot-spot reservoir of integrons and gene cassettes. Journal of environmental biology, 34(2 suppl), 391.
- Li, H., Xing, P., & Wu, Q. L. (2012). Characterization of the bacterial community composition in a hypoxic zone induced by Microcystis blooms in Lake Taihu, China. FEMS microbiology ecology, 79(3), 773-784.
- Eisenberg, T., Hamann, H. P., Kaim, U., Schlez, K., Seeger, H., Schauerte, N., … & Whatmore, A. M. (2012). Isolation of potentially novel Brucella spp. from frogs. Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 78(10), 3753-3755.
- Wang, S., Xiao, X., Jiang, L., Peng, X., Zhou, H., Meng, J., & Wang, F. (2009). Diversity and abundance of ammonia-oxidizing archaea in hydrothermal vent chimneys of the Juan de Fuca Ridge. Appl. Environ. Microbiol., 75(12), 4216-4220.
- Ju, J., Misono, H., & Ohnishi, K. (2005). Directed evolution of bacterial alanine racemases with higher expression level. Journal of bioscience and bioengineering, 100(3), 246-254.
Ma, A., Zhuang, X., Wu, J., Cui, M., Lv, D., Liu, C., & Zhuang, G. (2013). Ascomycota members dominate fungal communities during straw residue decomposition in arable soil. PloS one, 8(6), e66146.
- Camilla Fahlgren, Åke Hagström, Douglas Nilsson, Ulla Li Zweifel Annual variations in the diversity, viability, and origin of airborne bacteria
- Zheng Zhang, Yang Zhang, Xiu-Xuan Sun, Xi Ma, Zhi-Nan Chen microRNA-146a inhibits cancer metastasis by downregulating VEGF through dual pathways in hepatocellular carcinoma
- Anna Gulitz, Jasmin Stadie, Mareike Wenning, Matthias A. Ehrmann, Rudi F. Vogel The microbial diversity of water kefir
- Helena Wiklund, Adrian G. Glover, Per J. Johannessen, Thomas G. Dahlgren Cryptic speciation at organic-rich marine habitats: a new bacteriovore annelid from whale-fall and fish farms in the North-East Atlantic
- Christine K. Hesje, Christine M. Sanfillipo, Wolfgang Haas, Timothy W. Morris Molecular epidemiology of methicillin-resistant and methicillin-susceptible Staphylococcus aureus isolated from the eye
- Zhaoji Zhang, Yuanyuan Li, Shaohua Chen, Shumei Wang, Xiaodan Bao Simultaneous nitrogen and carbon removal from swine digester liquor by the Canon process and denitrification
- A. Gulitz, J. Stadie, M.A. Ehrmann, W. Ludwig, R.F. Vogel Comparative phylobiomic analysis of the bacterial community of water kefir by 16S rRNA gene amplicon sequencing and ARDRA analysis
- Yongzhen Xia, Wenqiao Chu, Qingsheng Qi, Luying Xun New insights into the QuikChange™ process guide the use of Phusion DNA polymerase for site-directed mutagenesis
- Yves Verhaegen, Koen Parmentier, Luc Swevers, Ellen Renders, Pierre Rougé, Wim De Coen, Kris Cooreman, Guy Smagghe The heterodimeric ecdysteroid receptor complex in the brown shrimp Crangon crangon: EcR and RXR isoform characteristics and sensitivity towards the marine pollutant tributyltin
- Laura M. Suz, María P. Martín, Carlos Colinas Detection of Tuber melanosporum DNA in soil
- Ruiqing Li, Timo M. Takala, Mingqiang Qiao, Haijin Xu, Per E.J. Saris Nisin-selectable food-grade secretion vector of Lactococcus lactis
- Daniel R. Gustafsson, David A. Price, Christer Erséus Genetic variation in the popular lab worm Lumbriculus variegatus (Annelida: Clitellata: Lumbiculidae) reveals cryptic speciation
- Mercedes Robledo, Laura Gil, Marina Pollán, Arancha Cebrián, Sergio Ruíz, Marta Azañedo, Javier Benitez, Javier Menárguez Polymorphisms G691S/S904S of RET as genetic modifiers of MEN 2A
- Kurt M. Bohren, Varsha Nadkarni, Jian H. Song, Kenneth H. Gabbary, David Owerbach A M55V Polymorphism in a Novel SUMO Gene (SUMO-4) differentially activates heat shock transcription factors and is associated with susceptibility to type I diabetes mellitus
- Ascensão Ravara, Helena Wiklund, Marina R. Cunha, Fredrik Pleijel Phylogenetic relationships within Nephtyidae (Polychaeta Annelida)
- Jian-Ming Xu, Xiao-Jing Liu, Fei-Jiao Ge, Li Lin, Yan Wang, Manish R. Sharma, Ze-Yuan Liu, Stefania Tommasi, Angelo Paradiso KRAS mutations in tumor tissue and plasma by different assays predict survival of patients with metastatic colorectal cancer
- Christer Erséus, Sebastian Kvist COI variation in Scandinavian marine species of Tubificoides (Annelisa: Clitellata: Tubificidae)
- Jonathan W. Ashcroft, Zachary B. Zalinger, Catherine R. Bevier, Frank A. Fekete Antimicrobial properties of two purified skin peptides from the Mink Frog (Rana septentrionalis) against bacteria isolated from the natural habitat
- Sarah E. Clark, Brooke A. Jude, G. Russell Danner, Frank A. FeketeIdentification of a multidrug efflux pump in Flavobacterium johnsoniae
- Hannah R. Dykstra, Stephanie R. Weldon, Adam J. Martinez, Jennifer A. White, Keith R. Hopper, George E. Heimpel, Mark K. Asplen, Kerry M. Oliver Factors limiting the spread of the protective symbiont Hamiltonella defensa in Aphis craccivora aphids
- Kai Qi, Jian-Jiang Zhong, Xiao-Xia Xia Triggering respirofermentative metabolism in the crabtree-negative yeast Pichia guilliermondii by disrupting the CAT8 gene
- Shufang Wang, Xiang Xiao, Lijing Jiang, Xiaotong Peng, Huaiyang Zhou, Jun Meng, Fengping Wang Diversity and abundance of ammonia-oxidizing archaea in hydrothermal vent chimneys of the Juan de Fuca Ridge
Shufang Wang, Xiang Xiao, Lijing Jiang, Xiaotong Peng, Huaiyang Zhou, Jun Meng, Fengping Wang
- Maria Befring Hovda, Morten Sivertsvik, Bjørn Tore Lunestad, Grete Lorentzen, Jan Thomas Rosnes Characterisation of the dominant bacterial population in modified atmosphere packaged farmed halibut (Hippoglossus hippoglossus) based on 16S rRNA-DGGE
- Paco Cárdenas, Joana Xavier, Ole Secher Tendal, Christoffer Schander, Hans Tore Rapp Redescription and resurrection of Pachymatisma normani (Demospongiae: Geodiidae), with remarks on the genus Pachymatisma
- Zongze Shao, Zhisong Cui, Chunming Dong, Qiliang Lai, Liang Chen Analysis of a PAH-degrading bacterial population in subsurface sediments on the Mid-Atlantic Ridge
- Ju-Chieh Wung Characterization and analysis of Drosophilia PCF11